Cinnamon Pancake Stacks with Berry Jam
Rustle up a stack of these for a weekend brunch and see how quickly they vanish!
Serves 6 (makes around 12 pancakes)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
100g/3½ oz Nestlé Shreddies
200g/7oz wholemeal flour
2tsp baking powder
2tsp ground cinnamon
284ml pot buttermilk
175ml/6fl oz semi-skimmed milk
2 large eggs, beaten
For the jam
1tsp icing sugar + extra for dusting
300g/10½ oz strawberries, hulled and thickly sliced
100g/3½ oz blueberries
200g low-fat plain yogurt
- Place the Shreddies in a food processor and whiz until fine in texture.
- Pulse in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon until well combined.
- Add the buttermilk, milk and eggs and pulse until well mixed. Scrape out the thick batter into a bowl.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and spoon in tablespoons of the batter approximately four in each batch. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side until golden and puffed. Keep pancakes warm until all the mixture is cooked.
- To make the jam, place all the raspberries and 1tsp of icing sugar in a liquidizer or processor and whiz until smooth. Mix the raspberry sauce with the strawberries and blueberries.
- Serve the pancakes stacked 2 high, top with the summer berry jam and dust with icing sugar. Serve warm with low-fat plain yogurt.