Gino DAcampos Fusilli with Salami and Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking: about 10 mins
Costing: £1.26 per serving
70g pack salami (preferably Salami Milano), cut into strips
250g pack chestnut mushrooms, sliced
250g tub mascarpone cheese
45ml/3tbsp dry white wine or water
pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
100g/4oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 8-10 mins or according to packet instructions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan and when hot, add the salami and fry over a medium heat, for 4-5 mins or until crisp and the fat has come out the salami. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the salami to a plate.
- Return the pan to the heat, add the mushrooms to the salami oil and sauté over a medium heat for 6-8 mins stirring occasionally until nicely browned.
- Add the mascarpone with the wine or water, nutmeg and seasoning to the pan, then cook gently, stirring until the sauce is smooth.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and tip into the sauce with the salami. Cook over a low heat until the sauce has thickened slightly. Serve in bowls with plenty of Parmesan cheese on top.