Perfect for Valentines Day – Alaskan pollock with chunky chips
Serve the fish and chips in pretty paper cones and scatter over some sea salt
2 x 6oz (175g) portions of pollock fillet
2 tablespoons of plain flour – seasoned with a little salt and pepper
1 egg – beaten
6oz (175g) white breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
2 large Maris Piper potatoes
Rapeseed oil for frying and brushing
To serve – malt vinegar and salt
1. Mix the breadcrumbs and parsley together. Coat the fish in the seasoned flour and then shake off any excess. Now dip each piece of fish into the egg and then cover thoroughly in the breadcrumbs and parsley. Set aside in the fridge to firm up.
2. Next, cut the potatoes in half lengthways and then cut each half into 1 inch thick pieces. Place into a roasting tray, we used the Prestige Black and White Square Enamel Roaster and then sprinkle with some rapeseed oil, making sure each potato is well covered.
3. Place into your oven and bake at 200°C/180°CFan/Gas mark 6 for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
4. In the meantime, heat 3 tablespoons of rapeseed oil in a non-stick pan and then cook the fish for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Serve the fish and chips in pretty paper cones and scatter over some sea salt