Lamb Blinis with Marinated Peppers and Herb Relish
Makes: 30-32 blinis
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12-16 minutes
2 lean boneless lamb rump or leg steaks
Freshly milled black pepper
2.5ml/½tsp garlic salt or seasoning
15ml/1tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
For the Herb Relish:
60ml/4tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped basil
30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped mint
5ml/1tsp fresh lemon juice
30ml/2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Pinch sea salt
2 x 162g packs prepared blinis (available at all good supermarkets in the chiller section)
6 prepared grilled and marinated red or yellow peppers (available in jars), finely sliced lengthways
Fresh chives, to garnis
1. To prepare the herb dressing, in small bowl mix all the ingredients together, cover and set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick griddle pan over a moderate heat, place the steaks on a chopping board, season and dust with the garlic salt or seasoning and rosemary. Brush the steaks on both sides with the oil. Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side then transfer to a plate and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile warm the blinis according to the packet instructions then spread each blini evenly with a little of the herb dressing.
4. Cut the lamb into thin slices, arrange evenly over the blinis and top with a little of the marinated peppers. Garnish with the chives.
5. Serve immediately as party nibbles.