Morrocan Crusted Salmon & Asparagus Salad
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
1tsp crushed cumin seeds
1tsp crushed coriander seeds
1tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp soft light muscovado sugar
Small bunch parsley roughly chopped
Salt and cracked black pepper
4 pieces of salmon fillet, scales removed
4tbsp olive oil
2 bundles of asparagus trimmed
1 preserved lemon, seeds and flesh removed (Look out for Belazu preserved lemon available in Sainsbury, Waitrose and some delis or at http://www.belazu.com/)
1 shallot thinly sliced
1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
2 plum tomatoes cut into chunks
2 handfuls rocket washed
4tbsp Greek yogurt
Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 180°c -350°f, gas mark 6.
- In a bowl, mix the cumin, coriander, sesame seeds, paprika, allspice, sugar and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the mixture all over the flesh side of the salmon and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Bring a medium sized pan of salted water to the boil. Place in the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Drain then cool and set aside.
- In a hot non-stick frying pan seal the salmon skin side down first, then place in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the salmon to cook, chop the lemon skin and place in a medium sized bowl. Then add the asparagus, shallots, chilli, tomatoes, rocket and a splash of extra virgin olive oil, season and mix.
- When the salmon is cooked, divide between 4 warm plates, top with the salad. Finish with a spoonful of yogurt, cracked pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
This and other recipes at: http://www.british-asparagus.co.uk/