Pommes Anna With Eggs And Rocket And Walnut Pesto
1.25kg Jersey Royal new potatoes, peeled
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6. Grease a 20-25cm square ovenproof dish.
- Slice the new potatoes quite thinly. Divide the slices between the dishes in 2 or 3 layers, sprinkling each layer with a pinch of salt, a grind of pepper, using 1 ½ tsp of the rosemary for all the layers. Use 2 tsp of the stock powder to make up some stock with 250ml boiling water. Pour this over the potatoes so that the stock comes about half way up the potatoes.
- Use a little of the oil to brush the top of the potatoes. Cover tightly with foil and bake in the oven for about 50 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Remove the foil and return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes to colour the top slightly.
- Meanwhile, put the rocket, walnuts, almonds, garlic, oil, vinegar and remaining stock powder and rosemary into a liquidizer and blend until you have a soft paste consistency.
- When the potatoes are cooked, poach the eggs in a poacher. Serve the eggs on top of each portion of potatoes, with the pesto either spooned on each side of the eggs, or in a separate small bowl for each person
Recipe developed by Sarah Kearns and Marise Maddison on behalf of The Vegetarian Society