Roast Lemon Chicken And Potato Wedges
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 60 mins
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, with skins
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 500g floury potatoes e.g. King Edward, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1 large lemon
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp clear honey
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Using a non-stick frying pan, dry fry the chicken breasts, skin side down for 2-3 minutes until browned. Place in a large roasting tin with the onion and potato wedges.
- Remove the zest from the lemon and cut in half. Cut one half into wedges and add to the pan with 4 whole cloves of garlic. Squeeze the juice from the other half of lemon and mix with the zest, honey, oil and remaining crushed garlic. Pour over the chicken, season well and add the herbs.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the potato wedges are tender and the chicken is cooked throughout. Serve immediately from the roasting tin.
If really short of time, use either ready prepared frozen or chilled potato wedges. If using frozen potato wedges reduce the cooking time to 45-50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked throughout.
This and other recipes at: www.britishpotatoes.co.uk