Roasted Belly Pork
Scrumptious Roasted Belly pork recipe with a far from watery gravy.
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
4 cloves garlic – crushed
2.3kg pork belly – bones removed
Sea salt and black pepper
1 glass of white wine
1. On the Saturday, mix the parsley, chives and garlic together in a bowl with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a pinch of salt and some black pepper. Rub this all over the underside of the pork then place, meat side down, onto a tray. Score the skin of the pork belly with a very sharp knife, all the way to the fat – but don’t cut through to the meat underneath. Make sure the skin is very dry and then rub some more oil and plenty of salt and the butter into it. Cover lightly and leave to marinate in the fridge over night.
2. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C /190°C fan.
3. On the Sunday, transfer the meat, skin side up to a roaster – we used the Prestige Slide and Lift Roaster – and pop in the oven for one hour. At that point, reduce the temperature to gas mark 4/180°C/170°C fan and cook for a further 11/2 – 2 hours until the juices run clear and the crackling is crisp.
4. Remove the pork from the oven and leave covered in a warm place to rest for 15 minutes.
5. All the delicious meat juices will be in the bottom of your roaster, so skim off some of the fat and then add a glass of white wine to it. Place on top of your stove and heat. As the wine bubbles, scrape all the bits off the bottom of the roaster – these contain all the concentrated flavour from the roast and, together with the wine and some extra boiling water, will make a scrumptious (far from watery!) gravy.
Our Top Mothers Day Gift Ideas
Fashion for Foodies – The whole Raymond Blanc cookware is now available shop cookware here
For her Kitchen ‐ Take advantage of your existing customer discount to buy a funky Art Deco kettle or toaster
For her table ‐ Why not treat yourself to our half price Prestige Cutlery offers shop cutlery here
Gadget Lovers ‐ Why not take advantage of up to £30 off Prestige Electrical Cooking & Food Preparation Appliances
Kitchenware Express has been designed to be as easy as possible to use, and coupled with its offering great savings, it also has a host of useful resources such as comparison tools, buying guides and delicious recipes.
The following discount that Kitchenware Express are offering exclusively to Candis readers is available between 19th February 2010 & 31st March 2010.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS OFFER
To ensure that you receive 20% off your total basket – Use the code K9AGRP69 (at stage 3 of checkout) All vouchers redeemable at www.kitchenwarexpress.co.uk at stage 3 of checkout