Spiced Beef and Chilli Blinis
Chilli beans and spiced beef for a great kick
Preparation time: 15 minutes plus 1 hour marinating
Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
Medium: 4 minutes on each side
Well done: 6 minutes on each side
675g/1½lb lean sirloin or rump steak
30ml/2tbsp paprika powder
10ml/2tsp mild chilli powder
15ml/1tbsp ground cumin powder
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
45ml/3tbsp olive oil
2 x 162g packs prepared blinis (available at all good supermarkets in the chiller section)
30ml/2tbsp prepared tomato chutney
30ml/2tbsp prepared guacamole
Extra paprika powder
1. In a small bowl, combine the spice ingredients and the olive oil together.
2. Place the steaks on a chopping board and brush the spice mixture over both sides. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
3. Transfer the steaks to a grill pan and cook under a moderate preheated grill according to your preference. Alternatively, cook the steaks in a hot griddle pan.
4. Meanwhile warm the blinis in an oven according to the packet instructions then spread evenly with the tomato chutney.
5. Cut the steak into small strips, arrange evenly over the blinis and top with a little guacamole then garnish with the extra paprika powder.
6. Serve as party nibbles or starters.