Pancake Day – Apple Pancakes
Welcome to one of this month’s healthy family recipes.
Please share your own ideas and healthy family recipes in the Healthy Family Recipes section of Candis Chat
1 x 395g can apple pie filling
1 x 425g can custard
250g plain flour
4 medium eggs
650ml semi-skimmed milk
5 Devonshire toffees cut into chunks
75g caster sugar
2 tbsp Calvados
sunflower oil, to fry
Pinch of salt
1. To make the pancakes, sift the flour into a large bowl with a pinch of salt. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs and a little of the milk. Whisk together until well mixed.
2. Whisking continuously, add the remaining milk, the sugar and Calvados.
Heat a 25cm non-stick frying pan and lightly oil the base. Add enough batter into the hot pan to cover the base.
3. Heat for 45-55 seconds on each side, until golden. Keep the pancakes warm.
Pour the apple filling into a pan, add the toffee. Heat gently until just simmering but not boiling.
4. Pour the custard into a small pan and heat gently for 2-3 minutes until just simmering.
5. Spoon the custard onto half the pancake and top with the apple filling. Fold the pancake over and serve.
Nutritional value per serving
Protein: 4.0 g
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Fat: 9.6 g
Fibre: 0.5 g
For more information on canned food and for recipe ideas, please visit http://www.cannedfood.co.uk/