Fillets with fries
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Oil for shallow frying
6 chicken fillets
120g (41/2oz) plain flour
250ml (9floz) piri-piri sauce
250g (9oz) toasted breadcrumbs
For the skinny sweet potato fries
2 Large sweet potatoes cut into matchsticks
6 tbsp corn flour
Oil for deep-frying
Salt to taste
For the raw cabbage salad
1/2 red cabbage, washed and thinly sliced.
25g (1oz) coriander, washed and roughly chopped
6 tsp piri-piri sauce
- Heat oil over a medium heat.
- Cut the chicken into large strips and coat in the flour.
- Coat the chicken strips in the piri-piri sauce.
- Shake off any excess sauce and then roll in breadcrumbs. Place on a tray in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Fry the chicken strips in small batches, allowing them to brown on both sides.
- Coat the sweet potatoes with corn flour and deep-fry until crispy and cooked.
- Drain the chicken and fries on paper towel and serve with the salad.
Recipe and image courtesy of Nando’s