Cooking time: 35-45 minutes
- 1 sachet (200g) frozen Basmati rice
- 50g frozen mushroom medley
- 25g frozen peas or sweetcorn
- 1 frozen fish fillet
- 1 cube or 15ml (1 tablespoon) frozen pesto
- To garnish: Lemon wedges and frozen chopped basil
1. Allow the rice to thaw for 5 minutes to separate the rice grains. Place the contents of the rice sachet in the centre of a large piece of foil, breaking down any large clumps. Cover with the mushrooms, peas/sweetcorn and then the fish fillet. Top with the pesto.
2. Draw up the sides and ends of the foil, folding several times to cover and completely seal in the contents to form a loose parcel. Repeat the process to make more parcels, as required.
3. Place the parcel(s) on a baking tray in a pre-heated oven. Cook for 30-40 minutes until the fish is cooked – depends on fillet thickness. Serve garnished with a wedge of lemon and a sprinkle of frozen chopped basil.
1. If the fish is not cooked after 30 minutes, simply reseal the parcel and return to the oven for a few minutes.
2 Variations –
– For speed and an explosion of colour, replace the Basmati rice and peas/sweetcorn with a sachet
of frozen golden rice.
– Include a knob of butter and a couple of tablespoons (30ml) white wine for added richness.
3. To save time, the parcels can be prepared ahead and placed in the freezer until required.
4. Traditionally, Fish Parcels are cooked and served in a paper wrap – if preferred, use baking parchment, taking extra time to fold and seal the edges to completely encase the food.