Christmas pudding cheesecake
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Chilling time: Overnight
1 x 454g Christmas Pudding (cooked, cooled and crumbled)
200g/7oz digestive biscuits, crushed
100g/4oz butter, melted
300ml/10Floz double cream, whipped
200g/7oz cream cheese
50g/2oz icing sugar
2 leaves gelatine
2 tbsp rum (or milk)
A sprig of red currants to garnish (optional)
1. Line the base and sides of a 20cm loose bottomed cake tin with baking paper.
2. Place the crushed digestive biscuits and melted butter into a bowl and mix well.
3. Press the biscuit mix into the base of the lined cake tin. Level and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and crumbled Christmas Pudding in a bowl.
5. Fold the whipped cream into the mix.
6. Soak the gelatine in cold water for 2 minutes or until softened.
7. Warm the rum (or milk if using) in a small pan, add the softened gelatine and stir to melt. Pour the rum and dissolved gelatine into the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
8. Spoon the mix onto the chilled base, level using a palette knife and refrigerate overnight
9. To serve; remove the cheesecake from the tin, remove the baking paper and place on to a large serving plate. Decorate with fresh redcurrants; allow to come to room temperature before slicing into wedges and serving.
Recipe and image courtesy of Fox’s puddings www.foxs-puddings.co.uk