A cobbler is half way between a crumble and a pie. Lovely juicy garden fruits & berries covered in a sweet crunchy topping, perfect comfort pudding.
300g frozen berries mix (you can use fresh fruit, if you wish)
200g golden caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
½ tsp ground mixed spice
175g self-raising flour, sifted
75g unsalted butter, cubed
125g Rachel’s Pouring natural yogurt
25g Dorset Cereals super cranberry, cherry & almond Muesli
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Pre-heat oven to 200°c/gas mark 6
1. Place the frozen berry mix into an oven-proof dish.
2. Mix together in a small bowl 100g caster sugar, mixed spice and cornflour, sprinkle this over the fruit and gently combine.
3.Take the sifted flour, butter and the remainder of the sugar, using a food processor or mixer whiz together for a few seconds on pulse speed until fine crumbs form.
4. Add the yogurt and whiz again until a soft dough forms (don’t worry the dough will be very sticky). Spoon the mixture in scattered clumps over the fruit, leave some gaps for the cobble effect.
5. Sprinkle with muesli and sugar.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, or until pale golden and the fruit is tender.
Try: Adding some sliced bramley apple or pear to the fruit mix
Delicious served warm with cream or ice-cream.
- Oven-proof dish approx 26cm x 18cm
- Food processor or mixer