Fun Fish cakes with Vegetable Mash and Clever Pasta
200g potatoes, chopped, boiled & drained (or ready made mash)
200g can tuna, drained
200g can prawns, drained
300g can green beans, drained and chopped into pea-sized pieces
200g petit pois, drained
knob of butter
splash of milk
2 medium sized eggs, hard-boiled & chopped (optional)
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Fresh ground pepper
For the coating:
2 medium size eggs, beaten
150g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
For the accompaniment:
400g can Alphabet and Numberetti pasta shapes
1. Preheat the grill to a moderate heat.
2. Mash the potatoes with the butter and milk, add the chopped green beans and petit pois, mix well and season with black pepper.
3. Add the fish, hard-boiled eggs and the parsley & mix well.
4. Divide the mixture into 6 or 8 fun fish shapes. Place on a greased baking sheet & chill for at least 10 minutes until firm.
5. Dip each fish shape into the beaten egg and coat with the breadcrumbs, chill for up to 1 hour, to firm.
6. Grill for 5 minutes each side, or until golden brown & heated through.
How to serve: Serve with alphabetti pasta shapes.