The Groovy Food Company grain free plantain pizza
Delicious grain free plantain pizza with a hint of coconut
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 23-25 minutes
1 Large Plantain, Very Ripe With Black Skin, Peel and Mashed
1 Large Egg, Beaten
30g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
½ tsp Garlic Granules (Too Taste)
2 tbsp. Tomato Puree
2 tsp. Sundried Tomato Paste
2 tbsp. Water
1 tsp. The Groovy Food Company Light Amber & Mild Agave Nectar
50g Shitake Mushroom, Take Off The Stalks, Thinly Sliced
75g Mozzarella, Ripped
2 Basil Sprigs
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425°F, gas mark 7, 220°C (200°C fan-assisted).
2. Put the plantain in a bowl and mash with the back of a fork until completely smooth.
3. Add the egg and beat in with the plantain, blend until mixed together and then season with sea salt and garlic granules.
4. Add the coconut flour and combine together until a thick paste and shape in to a ball.
5. On a baking tray pre-lined with baking parchment or silicone baking mat, pat your plantain mixture evenly onto the baking mat in a round shape (9 inch), ½cm thickness and smooth it out so there are no bumps at the top. Place it in the oven for 14-15 minutes. Depending on your oven, you may need to turn the tray round half way to make sure it’s evenly cooked.
6. Whilst the pizza base is in the oven, make the tomato sauce.
7. In a bowl mix together the tomato puree with water, until a smooth consistency, add the sundried tomato paste, agave nectar, sea salt and black pepper and mix together.
8. Slice the mushrooms and set aside.
9. Once the base is cooked, take it out of the oven and carefully flip it over. Smooth the tomato sauce over the base and top with the mushrooms and ripped mozzarella strands.
10. Drizzle with a touch of olive oil and season lightly with sea salt and mixed herbs. Place back in the oven for a further 9-10 minutes.
11. Once cooked take out, garnish with basil leaves.
Recipe and image courtesy of www.groovyfood.co.uk