Grapefruit and prawn noodles
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
250g (9oz) egg noodles
3 tbsp sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
2 tbsp groundnut oil
250g (9oz) white cabbage or Chinese leaves, shredded
250g (9oz) pak choi, separated into leaves
2 Florida grapefruit
300g (101/2oz) raw peeled tiger prawns, deveined
1 tbsp fish sauce (nam pla)
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
1. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions then drain, return to the pan, drizzle in the sesame oil, toss and set aside.
2. Fry the garlic and chilli in a large frying pan with the groundnut oil. Mix in the cabbage and pak choi and allow to soften.
3. Cut the top and bottom off both Florida grapefruit so they’re stable for cutting then thickly slice off the skin and pith in strips. Holding the grapefruit, cut down the side of each segment to release the flesh.
4. Add the prawns, fish sauce and soy sauce to the pan. Cook until the prawns are pink then gently add the Florida grapefruit segments (being careful to make sure they don’t break)
5. Toss in the cooked noodles and chopped coriander, and serve.
Recipe and image courtesy of Florida grapefruit