Grilled trout with apple & fennel remoulade
1 bulb of fennel
2 Kanzi apples
¼ of a celeriac, peeled
6 tbsp low fat crème fraiche
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp chopped parsley
a handful of rocket leaves (optional)
4 small trout filleted, scaled and pin bones
A little olive oil
- Finely slice the fennel and place in a bowl. Wash the apple then coarsely grate, leaving the skin on, then grate the celeriac.
- Mix everything together, along with the crème fraiche, lemonjuice and mustard.
- Set to one side in the fridge for an hour or 2. Then when ready to serve,stir in the parsley and rocket and season with pepper.
- Pre heat the grill. Brush the skin of the trout with a little olive oil, season then place skin side up on a baking tray.
- Place under the grill and cook for 4 minutes until the skin is crispy.
- Then turn the fish and cook for a further 2 minutes on the flesh side.
- Serve the trout with your Kanzi apple remoulade.