Apple and Pear Crumble
Wall’s Cream of Cornish ice cream to serve
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Calories per 257g serving: 408kcal
85g (3 oz) butter or margarine
175g (6 oz) plain flour, sieved
85g (3 oz) soft brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
4 dessert apples e.g. Braeburn, Pink lady,
peeled, cored and sliced
4 conference pears, peeled, cored and sliced
85g (3 oz) sugar
2 tablespoons water
1. Rub the butter or margarine into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar and cinnamon.
2. Place prepared fruit in greased pie dish and sprinkle each layer with sugar and water.
3. Pile crumble mixture over fruit to cover completely.
4. Bake in preheated oven 180 °C, (160 °C fan oven), Gas 4 for 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
5. Serve with Cream of Cornish ice cream.