Baked peppers with oaty nut stuffing
For a non vegetarian option, try adding some chopped cooked bacon to the stuffing.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
4 red peppers
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, chopped (200g)
75g mixed nuts, chopped
½ x 25g pack basil, shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
2. Cut the tops off each pepper to make lids and stand upright in a small roasting tin.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the nuts, basil and oats and season well, cook for 2 minutes.
4. Spoon into the 4 peppers and place the lids on top. Bake for 30 minutes until softened.
5. Serve with a fresh green salad.