Cambridge Brunch Salad
Serve immediately garnished with the egg
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
450g (1 1b ) British new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
8 Rashers British bacon, cut into strips
8 Button mushrooms (small), sliced
2 Medium eggs
1 Pkt lamb’s lettuce
1 x 15 ml spn (4 tblspn) Sunflower oil
1 x 15 ml spn (1 tblspn) Red wine vinegar
1 x 5 ml spn (1 tspn) English honey
inch English mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile place the eggs onto boil for 6-7 minutes and dry fry the bacon in a non-stick pan. Use a slotted spoon to place on kitchen paper to drain.
- 3: In the same pan (with a little oil if necessary) very gently fry the mushrooms until just softened.
- Carefully peel the eggs and cut into quarters.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a screw top jar, shake well and combine with the potatoes, mushrooms and bacon and pile onto the Lamb’s lettuce.
- Serve immediately garnished with the egg.
This and other recipes at: www.britishpotatoes.co.uk