Exotic Marinated Chicken and Mango Salad
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 5 tbsp Rubicon Mango juice drink
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- 7 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 pepperdew peppers, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 100g wild rocket
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Pinch sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Toast the cumin seeds in a dry frying pan until you start to smell the aroma. Mix the cumin seeds in a shallow dish with 3 tbsp mango juice drink, lime rind and juice, coriander and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Score the chicken, add to the dish and coat thoroughly with the marinade. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight. Once marinating time is complete, grill the chicken, turning occasionally for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Mix the mango, red onion, red chilli, peppers, cherry tomatoes and wild rocket together in a large bowl and set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil, wine vinegar, mustard and remaining mango juice drink together and season.
- When ready to serve, slice the chicken and add to the salad. Drizzle over the dressing and toss gently.