Ginger Pecan Cookies
Ginger Pecan Cookies – Healthier cookies!
- Sweet Freedom natural syrup made 100% from fruit replaces sugar
- Ground almonds replace highly processed white flour
- Olive / rapeseed oil replaces butter (rapeseed oil has half the saturated fat of olive oil even!)
- Lower GL and more nutritious than regular cookies
- A good choice for diabetics
- Gluten free
1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
200g ground almonds
30g pecans, chopped
50g olive oil or cold pressed rapeseed oil
160g Sweet Freedom Natural Syrup (Rich) *available from Tesco, Waitrose, Ocado
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 5. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
2. Sift the baking powder and ground ginger into a large bowl.
3. Add the ground almonds and chopped pecans and mix together. Make a well in the centre.
4. Pour in the oil and Sweet Freedom and mix together with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together.
5. Roll a dessertspoonful of the mixture into a ball then lightly press to make a flat biscuit shape. Place on a baking sheet.
6. Repeat with the remaining mixture, leaving a little space between them on the baking sheets to allow to spread.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Leave to cool slightly on the tray then carefully remove with a palette knife and leave them to cool completely on a cooling rack.
Recipe courtesy of Joy Skipper, Masterchef semi finalist and nutritionist