Mission Foods Hommity Quesadilla By Lesley Waters
4 x Mission Deli Wraps (any wrap variety can be used here)
2tbsp olive oil
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
3 celery sticks, chopped
350g/12oz new potatoes, cooked and sliced
200g/5 ½ oz West Country blue cheese such as Blue Vinny or Cornish Blue (stilton)
4tbsp Greek style thick yogurt
2/3 teaspoons whole grain mustard
1. Heat 1tbsp of oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add the onions, cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid, turn up heat and cook onions for 5 minutes or until lightly golden.
2. Stir in the celery and cook for 3 minutes. Add the mustard and season to taste.
3. Lay 2 of the wraps on a board. Divide the onion mixture between them, layer over the potatoes and crumble over the cheese. Spread the yogurt over the remaining wraps and place yogurt side down on top.
4. Heat half of the remaining oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Add one quesadilla to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes – lift the underneath to check if it is looking golden, turn it over or give it a little more time if needed.
5. Using a large fish slice, carefully flip over and cook the other side, pressing down with the slice. When golden on both sides, slide it out of the pan and keep warm in the oven. Add a little more oil to the pan and cook remaining quesadilla as before.
6. Cut each into quarters and serve with a lightly dressed watercress salad.
For further recipe ideas, visit www.missiondeli.com