1 live lobster
4 cloves garlic, crushed
3 salted anchovy fillets
Large handful parsley, chopped
Olive oil, for drizzling
200ml shop-bought hollandaise sauce
- The best way to kill the lobster quickly and painlessly is to lay it flat on a chopping board and hold it firmly. Find the X-shaped mark on the back of the head and put the tip of a heavy chef’s knife down through it hard. Cut straight down the middle to split it into two. Remove the plastic-like stomach sack and the intestine track.
- Twist the claws from the body and snap between your hands. Tap with a table knife to crack the shell.
- Preheat the oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 9.
- Combine the garlic, butter, anchovies and parsley in a food processor for about 30 seconds – until well-blended. Set aside.
- Lay the lobster halves and cracked claws on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Cook in the oven for six to seven minutes until the meat has turned white but is still moist.
- Spoon over enough of the garlic butter to fill the lobster’s head cavity and return to the oven for a minute, to melt the butter.
- Spread the hollandaise sauce over the lobster meat. Now place the lobster under a hot grill to brown the sauce. You want it to bubble but watch carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn. Serve warm