Moroccan Lamb and Vegetables with Houmous and Mint Dip
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20-25 mins
Cost: £1.74 per person
500 kcal, 25.2g fat, 7.9g saturates, 9.1g sugars, 1.5g salt
2 lamb neck fillets, weighing about 200g each
2tbsp harissa sauce
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 large courgette, sliced diagonal
1 aubergine, trimmed and sliced
1tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 pitta bread to serve, warmed
For the dip:
6tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt
2tbsp fresh mint, chopped
1. Place the lamb in a non-metallic dish, add the harissa sauce and turn to coat the lamb. If you have time, cover the lamb and leave to marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Preheat a griddle pan. Add the lamb and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until it is charred all over. Transfer the meat to a roasting tray and bake for 10-15 minutes, depending how pink you like your lamb.
3. Whilst the lamb is cooking, place all the vegetables in a bowl. Add the oil and seasoning and toss to mix. Place the vegetables in the griddle pan in batches and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning until they are charred and tender. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
4. To make the dip, mix the houmous, yogurt and mint together and season to taste.
5. Slice the lamb and arrange on a platter with the vegetables and dip. Serve with the pita.