New Potato Wedge Omelette
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 350g new potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 rashers smoked back bacon, chopped
- 100g sweetcorn
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- Dash of milk
- Salt and black pepper
- 75g Cheshire cheese, grated
- Place the new potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender then drain.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon for 3-4 minutes. Add the sweetcorn and potatoes and fry for a further 1 minute.
- Lightly beat the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and half the cheese. Add to the pan and cook gently for 3-4 minutes until almost set.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and place under a preheated grill until golden.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve with tomato ketchup and crisps of the flavour of your choice.
This and other recipes at: www.britishpotatoes.co.uk