Roasted Butternut Squash Cups
Roasted Butternut Squash Cups By Lesley Waters
You could either serve these in the teacups or serve in tortilla cones.
1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
2 red onions, cut into wedges
6 tbsp olive oil
sea salt and ground black pepper
2 x Mission Deli Wraps
4 rashers streaky, rindless bacon, chopped
1tbsp roughly chopped fresh sage leaves
1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp walnut halves
1.Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Place the butternut squash and red onion in a large roasting tin. Toss with 2 tbsp olive oil and season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring now and again. Add the bacon and chopped sage and roast for a further 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and slightly charred and the bacon crispy.
4. Brush 4 ovenproof teacups or ramekin dishes with a little of the remaining olive oil.
5. Cut both wraps in half, fold each into a cone, push and mould into the cups/ramekins. The wrap will be approximately 2cm above the moulds.
6. For the dressing. Place the walnuts on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned and toasted. Chop finely.
7. Mix together the remaining oil and balsamic and add the walnuts. Season well. Spoon the roasted butternut mix into the wrap cups and drizzle with the dressing.
For further recipe ideas, visit www.missiondeli.com