A different way to serve eggs in the morning.
4x large Happy Eggs
4x medium red onions
3x tablespoons olive oil
3x small dried red chillies
1x tablespoon red wine or sherry vinegar
1x teaspoon sugar
1x glass red wine
Fresh sage leaves or ½ teaspoon dried sage
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Peel and slice the red onions.
2. In a heavy based frying pan add the olive oil
3. Fry the onions and the chillies in the oil for about 15 minutes, stirring all the time, till they are tender.
4. Add the sage, season well and the vinegar, sugar and red wine.
5. Cook till the mixture is thick and moist.
6. Break the eggs and add to the mixture.
7. Gently cook till they are set and soft.
8. Serve with crusty bread.