Hot Cross Bun Pudding
Welcome to one of this month’s healthy family recipes.
Please share your own ideas and healthy family recipes in the Healthy Family Recipes section of Candis Chat
4 hot cross buns
15g unsalted butter
320ml double cream
100ml whole milk
2 eggs & 1 egg yolk
100g Rachel’s Greek Style Natural Bio Live Yogurt
1 tsp demerara sugar
Preparation time: 15 minutes plus 30 minutes cooking time
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C/Gas 3 and grease a 1 litre ovenproof dish.
2. Cut the hot cross buns in half and spread with butter both sides. Arrange the buns in an ovenproof dish layering the cross sides face up on top.
3. In a small pan add the cream and milk and heat until just warm.
4. In a small bowl add the eggs and egg yolk, pour over the heated cream and milk and whisk thoroughly. Add the yogurt, whisk again.
5. Pour the mixture over the buns a little at a time, ensuring it has time to soak in. Sprinkle the pudding with demerara sugar and place on a baking sheet.
6. Bake for approx 30 minutes the resulting pudding should be puffed up, set and golden brown
Try: serving with lashings of custard or cream!