Hot cross cookies
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 18 cookies
200g (7oz) softened butter
100g (31/2oz) light soft brown sugar
1 large free-range egg
250g (9oz) plain flour
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
100g (31/2oz) sultanas
200g (7oz) white chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/R6.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and egg until light and fluffy. Sift in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder and combine to make a dough. Add the sultanas and 100g (31/2oz) of the white chocolate and mix well.
3. Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls and flatten slightly. Place on lined baking trays, making sure you leave enough space for the cookies to spread. Bake in batches for 10 minutes until golden. After 30 seconds, carefully transfer to a cooling rack.
4. Melt the remaining white chocolate in the microwave on low in 20-second bursts. Using a small piping bag or a teaspoon, carefully drizzle a cross on top of each cookie.
5. Allow the chocolate to set before serving!
Recipe and image courtesy of www.whitworths-sugar.co.uk