Jersey Royal Salt ‘n’ Vinegar Herb Shake in a Bag
Try these as a tasty accompaniment to your Sunday roast
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
750g Jersey Royal new potatoes, scrubbed (not peeled) and cut in half
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 stems of rosemary, 1 stem leaves finely chopped
2 stems of thyme, 1 stem leaves finely chopped
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp pure sea salt flakes
1 x 37cm x 20cm parchment paper cooking bag
1 length of butcher’s twine or string
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/R6.
2. Put the Jersey Royals in the parchment bag and drizzle the potatoes with the oil, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper.
3. Scrunch the top of the bag and tie securely with the twine. Leave plenty of space around the Jersey Royals.
4. Shake the bag vigorously to ensure the potatoes are well covered in the oil, vinegar and herbs.
5. Place the bag in a roasting tray and roast for 30- 40 minutes depending on the size of the Jersey Royals.
6. Carefully, pierce the bag to release the steam, then tear open and serve at the table in the parchment bag.
Cook’s Tip: If you’re hosting a dinner party and short for time, this dish is a simply delicious side. You’ll have time to prepare the main while the Jersey Royals are in the oven.