Lamb Tagine with Honey Yogurt Dressing
This spicy, fruity Moroccan inspired casserole is served with a cooling honey yogurt dressing…
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 tbsp olive oil
250g Rachel’s greek style honey yogurt
1.5kg boneless lamb shoulder or diced leg
1 large onion, chopped
Flaked toasted almonds
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cinnamon stick
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1tsp ground cumin
150g apricots, ready to eat, chopped
500ml lamb stock
1 tsp ground coriander
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 5.
2. Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole or a traditional tagine pot, fry the meat in batches until it colours then set aside.
3. With the remaining oil fry the onion and garlic over a low heat until softened. Add the spices.
4. Return the lamb to the casserole. Add the stock and passata and simmer.
5. Place the casserole in the oven to cook for approx 1 hour, check at regular intervals to ensure that the casserole does not dry out and add more stock or passata as required.
6. Add the sweet potato and apricots and return to the oven for another 30 minutes – 1 hour.
7. To serve, spoon over the yogurt, chopped parsley and flaked almonds.