Lemon & Mustard Chicken
Tender chunks of chicken in a lip-smacking lemon and mustard sauce.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 500g frozen chicken breast or thigh fillets, thawed and cut into chunks
- 30ml plain flour
- 15 – 30ml olive oil
- 300ml chicken stock
- 5ml frozen chopped garlic
- 1 lemon, rind and juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 2.5ml each honey and English mustard
- 30ml frozen chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place the chicken and flour in a plastic bag and toss together until the chicken is fully coated. Using a large frying pan or wok, stir fry the chicken in the oil for 5 – 7 minutes until golden.
2. Add the stock, garlic and lemon rind. Bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
3. Blend the egg yolk with lemon juice and add to the pan, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens slightly.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve with your choice of vegetables, or see “Winter Bean Salad” recipe below.
1. If using frozen chicken stock there is no need to pre-thaw. Simply remove and reserve the chicken after stir frying and add the stock, allowing time over a low heat to defrost, and then bring to the boil. Return the chicken to the pan, add the garlic and lemon rind and continue as above.
2. To prepare “Winter Bean Salad” recipe: cook 100g each frozen green beans, broad
beans and soya beans in boiling water for 3 minutes until just tender, drain. Plunge into cold water, drain well, and roughly chop green beans. Transfer to a salad bowl with 100g shredded red cabbage and 15ml frozen chopped mint or parsley. Just before serving toss with a salad dressing made from 15ml white wine vinegar, 30ml olive oil and ground black pepper.