Luxury Bread sauce
A great classic British sauce. Beautifully creamy, it’s the perfect accompaniment to chicken or turkey.
Prep time: 45mins
Cooking time: 15hr
1 Loaf white bread with crusts removed and chopped into small pieces
250mg TOTAL Greek Yoghurt Classic
1 Onion, peeled and cut in half
2 Fresh bay leaves
1 tsp White peppercorns
2 tsp Sea Salt
1 Fresh nutmeg, for grating
1. Pour the milk into a saucepan.
2. Press a clove into each half of the onion and add to the milk. Add the bay leaves and peppercorns along with the salt and bring to the mixture almost to its boiling point.
3. Remove the pan from the heat. Cover with a lid and let the ingredients infuse for at least half an hour.
4. Remove the onions, peppercorns and bay leaves from milk and add the bread to the saucepan. Cook for around 15 minutes, stirring every now and then.
5. Just before serving the bread sauce, add the butter and the yoghurt to the saucepan and stir. Season to taste.
6. Grate over some nutmeg and loosely mix, adding more once you have poured the bread sauce into a warmed bowl or gravy boat.