Serves: 4, makes 8 pancakes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
2 x 298g cans mandarin segments, drained
250g tub mascarpone
6 Tbsp lemon curd
100g plain flour
Pinch of salt
Oil for frying
Icing sugar or caster sugar for serving
- Blend the mascarpone with the lemon curd and place in a refrigerator.
- In a bowl blend the flour and salt together. Make a hollow in the centre and add the egg.
- Whisk the egg into the flour and then gradually add milk, until all the flour is worked in and batter is smooth.
- Lightly oil a frying pan and heat until it is hot. Pour in enough batter to cover the base of the pan. Cook for one or two minutes on a medium heat until the underside is golden brown.
- Turn over or flip the pancake and cook the other side for a further minute.
- Layer the pancakes between pieces of greaseproof paper and keep warm in the oven on a low heat.
- Pile the mandarins and spoonfuls of mascarpone on one quarter of each pancake, fold in half and half again.
- Eat while the pancakes are still warm, sprinkled with icing sugar or caster sugar.
Hints and Tips
Canned fruit such as mandarin segments can count towards your 5-A-DAY. They also give us some Vitamin C and are an alternative to sugar-rich desserts or snacks.