Mini Beef burgers
Small home-made beef burgers flavoured with basil and tomato ketchup – tasty for adults and children alike.
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 455g frozen minced beef, thawed
- 200 – 250g frozen chopped onions
- 60ml frozen chopped basil
- 40ml tomato ketchup
- Ground pepper
- Olive oil spray (if frying)
- 8 small burger rolls/buns
- Tomato ketchup
- Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Medium sized tomatoes, sliced
1. Using a large bowl, mix the minced beef and onion together. Add the basil, ketchup and pepper; mix to combine.
2. Divide equally, shape into patties and flatten into 8 small burgers – approximately 9 – 10 cm across.
3. Transfer to a cling film lined baking tray. Cover with additional cling film, and chill for at least 30 minutes.
4. Grill or fry for 3 – 4 minutes each side, until cooked through.
5. Cut the rolls/buns in half across and toast the cut sides. Spread the bottom halves with a mixture of tomato ketchup and mayonnaise blended together in equal quantities. Cover with lettuce, a burger and tomato slices.
6. Serve with cooked frozen curly fries.
1 Do not overcook as the burgers will become dry.
2 To vary, replace the beef with lamb mince and the basil with frozen