Mini rosewater meringue with clotted cream
These pretty little meringues are delightful to the eye and very moreish to the taste buds!Time: Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Product: Cornish Clotted Cream
6 medium egg whites
330g golden caster sugar
a few drops rosewater
a few drops pink food colouring
227g tub Rodda’s Cornish Clotted Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 120°C/ fan oven 100°C, gas ½ 250°F.
2. Line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
3. To make these meringues simply place the egg whites into a clean dry bowl, then whisk until they form stiff peaks. Whisk in the caster sugar, a spoonful at a time, whisking well and at a high speed between each addition. Fold in a few drops of rosewater and pink food colouring.
4. Drop 6 large dollops of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, making a little well in the middle of each.
5. Bake in the oven for 2 hours, then turn off and leave in the warm oven for a further hour before removing. Allow to cool.
6. Spoon a dollop of clotted cream on top of each meringue and top with a handful of raspberries. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Tips: Omit the rosewater and pink colouring and add cocoa powder to the mixture for a chocolate version. Or of course do not add any flavouring and serve in the traditional way with clotted cream and strawberries.
Cooked meringues will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.