Mozzarella and chilli pasta bake
Ready in: 35 minutes
400g dried pasta shapes, such as penne or fusilli
Low calorie cooking spray
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
700g jar passata with onions and garlic
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g frozen peas
130g reduced fat mozzarella, diced
Small handful of torn fresh basil leaves, to garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C/R3.
2. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions then drain well.
3. Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add the passata, season to taste and stir.
4. Simmer gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, then stir in the peas and remove from the heat.
5. Tip the pasta into a medium-sized baking dish. Pour in the tomato sauce and toss well to coat the pasta. Scatter over the mozzarella and bake for 12-15 minutes.
6. Grind over a little black pepper, scatter over the basil leaves and serve hot with salad.
Recipes taken from Slimming World’s Veggie Deluxe, which is available in all Slimming World groups now and priced at £4.95. Find Slimming World online or call 0844 897 8000 to find your nearest group.
Photo: Slimming World’s Veggie Deluxe/Gareth Morgans.