Chocolate Crème Brûlée
This dessert is rich and indulgent so it is best served in small portions to delight the palate. These crème brûlées are delicious served with fresh fruit.Makes: 6 portions
Prep time: 15 minutes
150 ml double cream
150 ml single cream
200 g Philadelphia with Cadbury
30 g caster sugar
1. Have ready 6 small ramekin dishes, of about 100ml capacity.
2. Heat the creams and Philly together very gently in a saucepan to just below boiling point.
3. Divide the mixture between the ramekin dishes, filling about two thirds full and chill for at least 2 hours. The mixture will thicken as it cools.
4. About an hour before serving sprinkle the top of the crèmes with the sugar and using a culinary blow torch caramelise the sugar. Chill again for about an hour before serving.
5. If you don’t have a culinary blow torch, put the sugar topped crèmes under a very hot preheated grill until the sugar turns to caramel.