Healthy Family Recipes – Oatmeal & Honey cake
Welcome to one of this month’s healthy family recipes.
Please share your own ideas and healthy family recipes in the Healthy Family Recipes section of Candis Chat
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
50g medium oatmeal
100g light brown muscovado sugar
150g self raising flour
4 medium eggs, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Grease and base line a 20cm round loose bottomed cake tin.
2. Melt 100g butter with the honey and add the oats.
3. Mix together the oatmeal, sugar and flour in a large bowl. Melt the remaining butter and stir into the dry ingredients with the eggs. Pour into the cake tin.
4. Sprinkle the oat mixture on top and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
5. Serve warm with a drizzle of honey.
Cooks tip – Try adding some chopped walnuts to the oat topping for an extra crunchy texture.