Seafood Lasagne with Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese & Pesto Dressing
Show off your culinary skills with this open lasagne of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, prawns and baby squid with walnut, basil and lemon pesto dressing – perfect for a romantic evening in.
100g raw tiger prawns
150g calamari rings and tentacles
Zest and juice of ½ lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
6 x 10cm2 sheets fresh lasagne
½ fennel bulb, finely chopped
Salt and black pepper
White sauce:50g butter
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp crème fraiche
50g Parmigano Reggiano cheese, grated
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
Walnut and basil pesto dressing:2 tbsp roughly chopped basil
45g chopped walnuts
Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
4tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
1 garlic clove, crushed
25g grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1. Marinate the seafood in the zest and juice of ½ lemon, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and black pepper.
2. Meanwhile, blend together all the ingredients for the pesto and season well to taste.
3. For the sauce, melt the butter over a gentle heat and whisk in the flour. Gradually add the milk, whisking continuously until the sauce thickens. Whisk in the crème fraiche, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and lemon zest. Season to taste.
4. Cook the lasagne sheets in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes and then keep warm.
5. Place the seafood and fennel on a hot griddle for 2 minutes, or until cooked.
6. To assemble, spoon a little white sauce onto the centre of each plate and top with a sheet of lasagne. Add more white sauce and top with seafood and fennel, followed by some walnut pesto. Repeat this layering process with another sheet of lasagne. Finally, top with another sheet of lasagne and drizzle over more pesto and drizzle over a small amount of olive oil before serving.
We have even more fantastic recipes in each issue of our magazine. Click here to subscribe now!