Parma Ham-wrapped scallop and king prawn surf ‘n’ turf skewers
Welcome to one of this month’s healthy family recipes.
Please share your own ideas and healthy family recipes in the Healthy Family Recipes section of Candis Chat
Serves 4 as a starter or 2 as a main
4 long stems of fresh rosemary
4 slices Parma Ham, sliced in half lengthways
8 raw king prawns
For the salsa:
2 handfuls chopped coriander
3 tbsp chopped capers
3 tbsp diced cucumber
1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
½ green chilli, finely chopped
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
zest and juice of 1 lemon
zest and juice of 1 lime
salt and black pepper
1. Strip the leaves off the rosemary spears, leaving 2-3cm leaves at the end of each.
2. Wrap a strip of Parma Ham around each scallop.
3. Thread a prawn onto each rosemary skewer followed by a Parma Ham-wrapped scallop. Alternate prawns and scallops so that each skewer has 3 prawns and 2 scallops.
4. Combine all of the ingredients for the salsa and season to taste.
5. Heat a lightly oiled heavy based frying pan, griddle or barbecue and cook the skewers for 1-2 minutes per side until the prawns are pink and no longer raw, and the scallops are firm to touch.
6. Serve the skewers with plenty of salsa and green leafy salad leaves.
Cook’s tip: If you are short of time, prepare the skewers in advance and refrigerate until you are ready to cook. The salsa can also be made and chilled for 3-4 hours in advance.