Pataks Diwali Recipe – Rogan Josh Lamb Cutlets
Serves: 4 / Preparation time: 30 mins / Cooking time 5-7 mins
Rack lamb cut into 8 cutlet pieces with fat and gristle trimmed
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
2-3 tbsp Patak’s Rogan Josh Paste
1 garlic clove finely chopped
2 tbsp natural yoghurt
Juice of ½ lemon
Season to taste
1. To make the marinade, mix Patak’s Rogan Josh paste, vegetable oil, natural yoghurt, garlic, chilli & salt in a large bowl.
2. Add the lamb cutlets, using your hands rub the marinade into the
Meat ensuring each cutlet is evenly coated. Cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight for a fuller flavour.
3. Heat a heavy based frying pan or a griddle pan until very hot. Add the lamb Cutlets and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly brown. Cook no more than 5 minutes for rare cutlet or longer if you like your lamb well-cooked.
4. Alternatively cook in a grill, preheat the grill to medium and place the cutlets on the grill rack. For medium cooked lamb. Grill for 5-7 minutes on each side until evenly browned.
5. To serve, place two cutlets on a bed of spiced potato mash. Pour over some Rogan Josh Masala sauce and serve with roasted cherry tomatoes.