Pistachio chocolate coffee cups
200g good quality dark chocolate
2-3 tsp Douwe Egberts Instant coffee (Pure Gold), ground finely in a pestle and mortar
10g unsalted pistachios
Splash of Kahlua
Pinch of salt
18 foil candy cases
1. Break the chocolate into small pieces and add to a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of boiling water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
2. Continue simmering the water until the chocolate is melted.
3. Whisk in the butter, coffee, Kahlua and salt. Using a mini food blender, pulse the pistachios until they have a crumbly consistency.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture into the candy foils and sprinkle with a little of the pistachios.
5. Leave to set for 2-3 hours before eating.