Welcome to one of this month’s healthy family recipes.
Please share your own ideas and healthy family recipes in the Healthy Family Recipes section of Candis Chat
These rolls have a scrumptious blend of raisins & nuts, perfect with cheese, chutney and cold meat.
500g strong white bread flour
100g plain wholemeal flour
1 tsp salt
40g unsalted butter
7g or 1tbsp dried yeast/20g fresh yeast
100g Dorset Cereals simply delicious muesli
250g Rachel’s Pouring natural yogurt (warm)
1 tbsp milk (for brushing)
Pre-heat oven to 220°c/gas mark 7
Makes 8 small rolls
Preparation time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour proving
Cooking time: 15 minutes
These rolls can also be made in a bread maker
1. Place the flours and salt into a bowl or food processor and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the yeast and muesli.
2. Pour the yogurt into a small bowl or jug and heat gently in a microwave or in a bowl over a pan of boiling water (heat until hand hot).
3. Make a well in the centre of the flour, add the warm yogurt. Mix until you have a soft, smooth dough.
4. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead well. Place the dough in a clean bowl and cover with a damp tea towel or oiled cling film. Place in a warm, dry place to rise until doubled in size. Tip: this can be in the top oven, airing cupboard or in a sunny place.
5. Divide the dough into 8 even sized balls and shape. Place on a greased baking sheet and leave to rise once more for approximately 45 minutes. Before baking, brush with a little milk.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden, tap the bottom for a hollow sound. Cool on a wire rack.
Sprinkle with some cracked black pepper & sea salt before baking.
- Bowl or food processor (with dough hook)
- Baking tray
- Pastry brush
- Cooling wire