Pork steaks with a rich and tasty gravy
–Ready in 30 minutes/for Kids
Here’s a great weeknight supper that’s ready in half an hour, which the kids will love.
1 tbsp olive or sunflower oil
Small knob of butter
1 small red onion, sliced
2 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
Salt and pepper
Aunt Bessie’s Apple & Herb Stuffing Balls
Aunt Bessie’s Irresistible Yorkshires
4 pork loin steaks
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
2 pots Aunt Bessie’s Perfect for Chicken Gravy, made up to 200ml liquid
- Heat the oil in a pan with the butter. When the butter has melted, add the sliced red onion and cook over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until starting to soften. Add the bacon to the pan, season well, and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes. Tip onto a plate.
- Cook the Aunt Bessie’s Apple and Herb Stuffing and Aunt Bessie’s Yorkshires according to packet instructions. Keep warm.
- Season the pork, then add to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked all the way through. Steam the broccoli.
- Put on a warm plate. Return the onion and bacon to the pan to warm through. Make up the chicken gravy in a jug with 200ml boiling water. Pour into the tin and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon to pick up the juices on the base of the pan.
- Return the pork to the pan with the gravy to warm through, then serve with Aunt Bessie’s stuffing balls, Yorkshires and the broccoli.
Cook’s tip: Use turkey steaks instead for a lean and low-fat alternative.