Pork Steaks with Broad Beans, Cider and Crème Fraîche
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
450g (1lb) fresh broad bean pods
4 pork steaks, trimmed of any fat
4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
300ml (½pt) dry cider
1 chicken stock cube
4tbsp SuperValu créme fraiche
2tbsp chopped fresh SuperValu parsley
1tbsp olive oil
1tbsp plain flour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Remove the broad beans from their pods and cook in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Grill or barbecue the pork steaks for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
3. While the pork is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the spring onions for 2-3 minutes until softened. Take off the heat and stir in the flour, pour in the cider and crumble in the stock cube. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, and bubble for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is thickened and smooth.
4. Stir the broad beans and créme fraiche into the pan and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Simmer for a further 2 minutes before adding the parsley.
5. Serve the pork with the sauce spooned over. Accompany with vegetables of your choice.
The SuperValu range is stocked in Budgens stores which are owned and operated by independent retailers. To find your nearest store visit www.budgens.co.uk