Potato Dippers with Guacamole and Salsa
Hot roasted potatoes wedges, served with spicy dips, is a match made in heaven. If you’d like more spice, sprinkle a couple of pinches of hot chilli powder over the potatoes, too!
6 large baking potatoes
1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
Paprika, to sprinkle
For the guacomole:¼ red onion, finely chopped
1tbsp red wine vinegar
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To serve:150g pot soured cream
2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
170g pot SuperValu salsa dip
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan oven/gas mark 6. Cut the potatoes into six or eight wedges each and put in a roasting tin. Brush with oil and sprinkle with paprika. Roast for 30-40 minutes until golden and cooked through.
2. Put the red onion in a small bowl and add the vinegar. Set aside to marinate. This helps to soften and take out the sharpness of the onion.
3. Half the avocados and remove the stone. Use a spoon to scoop the flesh into a bowl and add the chilli, tomato and lime juice. Mash well with a fork. Add the coriander and seasoning, and mash again. Add the marinated red onions and spoon into a serving bowl.
4. Spoon the soured cream into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the chopped chives. Put the salsa dip into a separate bowl.
5. Arrange the potato wedges on a large platter and serve with all the dips.