Quick & Crispy Mac & Cheese
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 30 min.
79g French’s French Fried Onions
250g cheddar cheese, grated
50g Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cook the macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes; drain and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the French Fried Onions in a food bag and crush using your hands or a rolling pin.
3. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to form a roux, cooking for a few minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk, a little bit at a time. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the sauce is thick and smooth.
4. Remove the sauce from the hob, add 175g of cheddar cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
5. Add the macaroni to the sauce and mix well. Transfer to an oven-proof dish.
6. Sprinkle over the remaining cheddar and parmesan cheese and top with onions. Place the dish in the over and cook until the cheese is browned.
Tip: Add cooked ham, peas or mushrooms to the sauce for extra flavour.